Hilltop Hoods - I love it ft. Sia

Yet another great song by the Hilltop Hoods of Australia. These guys demonstrate the art of hard work and sacrifice in order to achieve their goals. This is a tribute to their passion and undying love to the culture of hip-hop. If you're like me, a hip-hop junkie, and you haven't gotten on board with the scene down under you're seriously putting a dent in your rotation list. Listen to this track because "I love it!"

Lyrics: Hilltop Hoods - I love it ft. Sia

Verse 1: SUFFA
I’m wondering where the day went,
The clouds have me shrouded in grey but,
I’m still out pounding the pavement, word,
Drowning the hurt by pounding rounds in brown paper,
Founded a label now I’m drowning paperwork,
But now the crew I’m down with found an escape from work,
And I love it ‘cause that what your hard work gets you,
My heart bursts through my chest I’m rescued,
So forget what the rest do,
I’m blessed to do it with two of who are the best to do it,
Do I love it?

PRESSURE
Look at our goals,
If we never stood in the cold we wouldn’t evolve,
Used to put my crooked foot in what I couldn’t resolve,
But took control now, hard work is good for my soul,
And I love it, growing through life and stress,
Knowing the fight is just half of self-imposing our righteousness,
Contract owners and licenses, showbiz in lights we’re just,
Searching for that moment of pricelessness

Chorus: SIA
B-Boys, I met you at the bus stop,
We had nothing but the tuck shop,
We had school ties, the sky and the hilltops,
Now we’re all grown up and it’s still about Hip Hop
I love it, I love it

Verse 2: SUFFA
Five days deep in the booth, and spent Friday leaping through loops,
Then spent the weekend sideways, seeking the truth,
And I won’t lie they keep me on my toes these days,
But I won’t lie, hey I beat ‘em with the flow for days,
‘Cause I love it, a pen and pads like a red rag to a bull,
I see red like Leningrad,
Raising a crowd from a vacant lot’s like, like how?
Raising a brow on the face of god right? Right now,

PRESSURE
And I love it a life with no regret,
No success without a price that owes a debt,
I roll the dice and despite the road ahead,
Hope that in a crisis I might just know the ledge,
But I love it like take away beer,
And a sunset to lay away our day-to-day fears,
See haters under rates us but this status takes years,
And it ain’t where we’re at; it’s how we made our way here

Chorus: SIA
B-Boys, I met you at the bus stop,
We had nothing but the tuck shop,
We had school ties, the sky and the hilltops,
Now we’re all grown up and it’s still about Hip Hop
I love it, I love it

Verse 3: SUFFA
And we can be in a hotel, worst part of town and,
Support act, we ain’t half as loud but,
Twice as nice you can ask the crowd then,
We passing out in a departure lounge and,
I love it, I hug the road like an old friend,
Like the world won’t revolve unless we’re rolling on it,
It holds them on it, it‘s soul melodic,
And oh they want it and I love it,

PRESSURE
Been chasing the dream
Everyday a new place, new faces and scene,
Living out a suitcase few breaks in between,
There’s been very few days I’d loose faith in my team,
Got love far from home through the winter and summer,
No matter how hard the road or the distance I cover,
Even bitter when I’m missing my significant other,
I wouldn’t trade it for the world given another,
‘Cause I love it…

Chorus: SIA
B-Boys…
B-Boys, I met you at the bus stop,
I love it, I love it,
We had nothing but the tuck shop,
I love it, I love it,
We had school ties, the sky and the hilltops,
I love it, I love it,
Now we’re all grown up and it’s still about Hip Hop
I love it, I love it








Comments

  1. I love the way they've chopped up Sia's vocal tracks, to give her that sexy, chewing-on-your- ear vocal sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we never stood in the cold we wouldn't evolve... an amazing line in my opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They talk about their journey to greatness. True fame only comes from working hard at your music which is what these guys do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. easy to say i love it... keep it up, i love their music...

    ReplyDelete
  5. these lyrics are fucked

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not only are these lyrics f.ucking awesome..but the way they did Sia connects the song!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some of lyrics written here are completely wrong. When the album comes out so will the proper lyrics I guess.
    Things like "hotel west part of town". It's "worst". There are many more mistakes but I can't be fucked correcting them all. Same as "Grind shop", it definitely doesn't say grind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can someone post the correct lyrics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah they soo wrong an it ain't if I didn't stand in the cold !! It's if we never started the call !! Bein there breakthru album !

    ReplyDelete
  10. pretty sure its if we never stood in the cold we wouldn't evolve which is a sick line and there breakthrough album was the calling

    ReplyDelete
  11. I apologize to all for these lyrics not being dead on. I only try my best if you want to give it a shot you're more than welcome to.

    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  12. pure positivity your a fucking spastic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you don't know how to spell. It's you're. Fuckhead.

      Delete
  13. Pure positivity your a stupid dick munching faggot kunt

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's unfortunate that fans of the Hilltop Hoods would be so negative. Keep your head up brother and happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great band, great new song. Haters stop freaking out about the wrong lyrics, it's not always that obvious. Pure positivity. I think "grind shop" is "culture". That's my take on it...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nope, it's "tuck shop"

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuck_shop

    The official lyrics are up on the hilltop site:

    http://www.hilltophoods.com/iloveit_lyrics.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yeah some of the lyrics are wrong like I said earlier but thanks for putting in the effort to even write some up mate. No need to be c*** s people because he got some words wrong

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hilltop Hoods and Sia are all from Adelaide, Australia. It's about reaching the top despite the odds, and how they all grew up in a small town and made it big globally. A "tuck shop" is a school lunch shop!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Go Hilltop Hoods and Sia.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome song. The Hoods continue to impress. Thks for the link to the 'correct' lyrics :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I Love this, you consistently come up with the goods

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for the lyrics, but man it hurts me to see you list Mother Theresa with so many great people the woman was a horrible person who ran a cult of suffering and stole money from the poor to feed the vatican. You should watch


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WQ0i3nCx60

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny I've heard similar criticism about Ghandi, MLK, and Lincoln. What makes all these heroes so influential was their willingness to sacrifice in order to attain their goal. That's a powerful thing. I'm adamantly opposed to organized religion, but I think their values and roots are from a pure place. It's rather unfortunate that Mother Theresa had her flaws, but name one great hero that didn't. Gandhi fought for equality for Indians rather than all, but through his fight he awakened an idea. MLK was said to be a womanizer, Lincoln signed countless treaties that devastated Native Americans. Regardless of their flaws these are all heroes in their own right. I'm not being naive or turning my head to some of terrible things that each of these individuals have done, but rather understanding at the end of the day, to error is human.

      Delete
  23. hilltop hoods are the maddest rappers in the world and love it is a master piece and those who diss the lyrics need there hearing checked. don't even have the balls to give them there name, anonymous what a pussy. the dick muncher is you. you show how much jealous fagg you are. keep it hilltop hoods you putting australia on top of rap. i believe you will be there on the top of rap from now till your dead and buried. i own all hilltop albums and i will be listening to the mad rhymes till i die.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is great stuff for sure. I actually found this page because I was posting the same song on my blog, which runs on similar lines: living the Good Life. My page expands into many areas, but conscious hip-hop is definitely one important aspect. Check it out: http://traveltransmissions.com Great work here and always stay positive!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Woke Up Making Money - SoulChef ft Declaime

Kendrick Lamar - Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst