Woke Up Making Money - SoulChef ft Declaime

Built like Budda and Bob Marley on a Harley 

So much flavor on this track it was clearly concocted by SoulChef. The title of this track is just outright deceitful; the art of making money has been bastardized and turned into an act of craving cash rather then flourishing ones talent. That's exactly why the crispy cadence of Declaime reclaims what is it to be truthful to oneself. I lack the words to accurately describe how poignantly powerful this gem is. SoulChef is one of the greatest producers and an ode to a time that is quasi lost. When coupled with a lyricist who can consciously construct a clear message it's apparent that the power of hip-hop is still exceptionally strong. I love it from top to bottom. It radiates and embodies what I want to be as person. Thank you kindly for blessing me with a banger worthy of making money to. 


Lyrics: Declaime 

Haha this is what it is 
And you what it ain't 
Going hard in the paint 
Going places where most can't
Not a saint, definitely not a sinner
No pork on my fork when it's time for dinner
Matter of fact ain't not fat at all 
No milk unless it's Silk 
Fresh like the first day I was built 
Lean vegan cuisine 
Got my spirit lit up on high beam 
I live life while you dream 
Love all life why you so mean?
See the way I approach the scene
Some other shit 
Such an amazing machine
Built to beat down bullies
Break those that be killing all them babies
Them locos them crazies snake lunatics 
Sneaky thugs crooked cops you will all be judged
With no jury 
Feel the Gods wrath now feel my fury 
Pure fire and flame on all you mother fuckers
Bleep that out so tired of you fake ass suckers
Bleep that out 

I woke up making money (yeah)
I woke up making money (you know what I mean)
I woke up making money (ha)
I woke up making money (yeah)
etc....

The kids might be listening in 
And my duty is to always defend
The young ones from the old dumb ones
And all their sleek friends 
Declaime man I live in the lions den 
Work with the divine always eager to stretch my mind
At the same time wake up all that's blind 
Built like Buddha and Bob Marley on a Harley 
Handsome heartthrob use to steal and rob
Now I got a new job a new gig
Funk with you folks and flip your wigs
Back to naps this is no hoe music
I woke up making money now what you think about that
I woke up making money now what you think about that
I woke up making money now what you think about that
I woke up making money now what you think about that
400, 500, 600, 700 and it ain't even 12 o'clock yet
I woke up making money now what you think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hilltop Hoods - I love it ft. Sia

Kendrick Lamar - Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst