Johnson&Jonson - The Only Way

If I ever have a chance to make a change I will, and I ain't laying down my soul for gold or any forms of bills. 

Johnson&Jonson, also known as Blu and Mainframe, team up and terrorize a 1969 cutty classic, "See and Don't See" by Marie Queenie Lyons. The original is a terribly depressing tale of a philandering fellow who shatters a love that once was. While the remake is not necessarily as harsh it still wreaks of that same pungent musk.

Blu is a rappers rapper; he exudes confidence, maintains breath control, utilizes wit, and admonishes anything resembling radio. He's dope. The guy flows with a new age style while never forgetting the fundamentals. Call me crazy but he's the Billy Preston of rap. The sixth beetle if you will, and unlike his predecessor, capable of creating something from nothing.



Johnson&Jonson - The Only Way

Cut off the lights close the door
Step on in
Check it out
The only way
To make it out this jungle is to juggle jobs or hustle
Cause if not you're bound to struggle, dawg
I'm taking out some time to pray
Trying to find some lines to say to ya'll
But only found a couple bars
Check it, a little better by staying humble
I still my grandpa mumble, "stay out of trouble. boy"
Cause these days I sit and wonder how I
Managed how to handle myself from keep on going under the edge
I brush my teeth then get a bite to eat
I shower half an hour now I'm back on my feet
Cause this song reminded me of my peeps
I pour some liquor for my nigga rest in peace
Yeah
For hours about the current state of all this bullshit
Flooded the market yet they call themselves artists
Please
Harm this mother fucking ???
Creating schemes to make our dreams seems smaller and smaller
Have a chance to make a change I will
And I ain't laying down my soul for gold or any forms of bills
Forget it
I'm in the business to strip it of all its limits and live it
Till all is finished on the road
To make it out this mother fucking ghetto
Without hustling drugs or busting metal
It's bout praying before my mission starts
Give it heart and soul until every piece of scroll I've written off
A little worth living on earth
God has given us a choice and I've chosen to make it work
Like when we use to use our brains
Now we loosing our minds grinding for change instead of changing it
(I get up in the morning)
And go to work without changes
Spit a verse about changing the game from the state it's in
Yeah about that same old song
Wondering will these niggas keep making that same old song
While listening to riches speak through comedy
But obviously painting a bigger picture for these black folks
(Like there ain't nothing wrong)
Cause it's not and that's a fact folks
I promised my momma I'm gonna take it back folks
(Cause if I ever)

Have a chance to make a change I will
And I ain't laying down my soul for gold or any forms of bills
Forget it
I'm in the business to strip it of all its limits and live it
Till all is finished on the road





Comments

  1. Please post more. I see you haven't been here for a few months. I really enjoy the music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wish is granted Mr/Mrs Anonymous. Sorry for the delay, I've just been lame and need to be back on posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creativity is based on the premises that everything can and will continually get better. Mary crosland & Mary crosland
    Making life more comfortable, efficient, and exciting. Creative minds are constantly following market trends trying to see what direction it will take. By doing this it puts you ahead of the creative game.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Woke Up Making Money - SoulChef ft Declaime

Hilltop Hoods - I love it ft. Sia

Kendrick Lamar - Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst