Wyclef Jean

So Wyclef is dropping a new mixtape in a week and these are the first couple of lyrics:

Some funny stuff man happened to me

I signed an autograph for a kid, Clef form the Fugees

Kid looked at me and said what, “what the hell is a Fugee?”

“Ain’t you Will I Am from the Peas?”

I’m a fan, but no I ain’t Will I Am

Let me introduce myself to the new generation

I’m Wyclef Jean singer, song writer, composer

In high school I used to be a battle rapper

Then I got with the Fugees hiatus

15 years later still sold more records than all of you put together

That’s just a piece of the biography of Wyclef Jean

You can’t describe Wyclef better than that. He has been in the game for so long and has been so damn influential to so many it is almost disrespectful to know hip-hop and not him. The Fugees are one of the mega groups and there very few artists more talented than Lauren Hill or Wyclef Jean.

So for all you youngsters or people who just don’t know who Wyclef is let me start by saying “The Carnival” dropped in 1997 is certified platinum three times for a damn good reason. It is a sure shot of being in my list of top 25 albums of all times and all genres. He is a musical phenom who can sing, rap, compose, create and concoct perfect tracks. Try doing that Soulja Boy. In 2007 Wyclef dropped his 2nd solo album “The Carnival 2” There are a few gems there, but for the most part it isn’t even close to the magic he has created in the past and pretty “commercial and popcorny.” I don’t know if that autograph situation put him back in check, but after hearing this track it brings back sweet memories. We will see how the mixtape turns out, but with a debut track like this I feel a bit at ease. Listen and enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Woke Up Making Money - SoulChef ft Declaime

Hilltop Hoods - I love it ft. Sia

Kendrick Lamar - Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst