Aussie Hip-Hop

More and more often I find myself rocking Aussie Hip-Hop. For me it's been like finding a long lost cousin that quickly became closer than kin. Thanks to www.hillydilly.com (if you haven't checked out the site its one of my favorites) I just found out about M-Phazes upcoming album dropping Feb 26th). After hearing these two teaser tracks there is no doubt in my mind I'll be the first person to purchase this album.

Solo is slowly becoming one of my favorite artists. I have an immense amount of respect for his ability to tell stories. In this song the guy goes ape shit on production that progresses perfectly. It feels like you are on a smooth ride only to be jaunted and jerked around as the brakes slam on at the very last possible moment. Take this track for a tailspin.




M-Phazes - For What It's Worth ft. Solo (of Horrorshow) Download - (from www.hillydilly.com)

Lyrics - M-Phazes - For What It's Worth ft. Solo

I remember my very first taste of this obsession
Fresh faced kid at next level copping lessons
Wide eyed I'd stay for hours at a time
Just grilling Doctor Freud like a q and a session
Pestering him with all types of questions
Whats good this week who did the beats and who's guesting
I had a part time job so I would work all week
Then blow my whole paycheck in a few seconds
And if it had that Aus hip-hop sticker on the front
You could bet I would pick it up and add it to the collection
Something about the way my native tongue sound
Over dirty drums it's like I found a connections
And looking back now I bought a lot of classics
But I also spent a lot of cash on a lot of wack shit
And if I added it up I would probably cringe at the thought
But really I got way more than I bargained for
Cause if I could put an hourly wage on all the time
That I have spent locked away with a pen and a page
Or every drop of sweat that I shed when I step on the stage
Then brother I would be getting paid
To some this might sound crazy but music took me in
Taught me and shaped me
And the life lessons learned are a great deal
Worth more than you could ever pay me

(For what its worth)

Its the ticket price at the show
Its the bandwidth of the download
Everybodys so concerned with the bottom line
This is something that can't measure with a dollar sign
And it can't be bought for no amount
Throw them up if you know what I am talking about
This is something that pre-dates trade and pre-dates money
Something that is as old as time

I know this kid that has been digging through the crates for ages
Born and raised gold coast of all places
Ordinary Joe goes by the name of Mark
Better known to most as M-Phazes
They say it ain't where you from its where you at
Well this here is proof of that
He worked hard just to master the boom and the bap till
The beats so fat they make the party people say, good gracious!
So he hooked up with some of the finest emcees from across the nation
Did a few joints for some overseas cats cause you know word spreads like its contagious
Hooked up with an agent
Took his cd's and beats to the one stop shop competition stood up and played it
Panel of judges is some of the greatest
And well what do you know the whole room when APE SHIT!
Now tell me what thats worth
Dollars can't buy respect because respect is earned
And I'm gonna give respect where respect is due
Very few who would test you
Want to talk about dedication
Want to talk about hours spent
I bet he spent a few
So when he hit me up with the track for collaboration
I said I'm down for whatever dude
See this world takes ??
When we all get paid
Cause we all got to eat
This here is not for the feed
In my own small way I'm just trying to pay back
Everything that music lent to me
I spent my life feeling like I didn't fit into the puzzle
Now people telling me my shit helped them through their struggle
Huh, and if you can't respect that then you either need a slap or ??

Its the ticket price at the show
Its the bandwidth of the download
Everybodys so concerned with the bottom line
This is something that can't measure with a dollar sign
And it can't be bought for no amount
Throw them up if you know what I am talking about
This is something that predates trade and predates money
Something that is as old as time



M-Phazes - Walk on Clouds ft. Bliss n Eso Download - (from www.hillydilly.com)

Comments

  1. Its the ticket price at the show,
    Its the bandwidth of the download****

    ReplyDelete
  2. New unsigned aussie hip hop! Check out Phate on unsigned.com/phate

    or YouTube 'PHATE - Get It (pumping) new single for unsigned album Speaker Demolition

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check this shit out bro

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nRJ84gXYP4

    ReplyDelete
  4. For enjoying hip hop life every man's need to take massage therapy. some month ago i was taken massage therapy from that place.
    Mobile Massage in Australia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Woke Up Making Money - SoulChef ft Declaime

Hilltop Hoods - I love it ft. Sia

Kendrick Lamar - Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst