Black Panther - Sad Times ft. Arch Rival

When someone opens up and pours their honest to god feelings on a track I find it enthralling. Arch Rival lays down some exceptionally talented rhymes on the state of hip-hop that pique my interest to the utmost degree. I find his passion and deep roots in the culture of hip-hop rejuvenating and extremely real.

At the end of the track a man who I'm unfamiliar with is heard talking about his thoughts of how hip-hop has changed. He goes into a bit of a rant about the systemic problem of the culture as a whole and explains his disgust ever so plainly. I share much of his views on the current state of affairs, but I have hope that in due time more and more tracks of substantial value will influence the youth. This is a great song with some serious poetry on it, I suggest you give it a solid listen.


Lyrics: Black Panther - Sad Times ft. Arch Rival

Ever since I started my goal was in plain view
Write the illest shit I could come up with
And never do what they do
Stay true and give my all in every single verse
Scrutinize my every line bar syllable and verse
Striving for perfection couldn't write a rhyme in 5 minutes
If I did it I wouldn't be satisfied with it
I'm my worst critic
It's got to be impeccable
If someone else could have wrote it how am I exceptional
Not just another spitter I got what they lack
Got to keep up with the times and ahead of the pack
I use to hate every track leaving my sessions pist
Why'd I say it like that when I could have said this
Then the flow could have flipped could have taken a breath
Hindsight's a mother fucker and I'm plotting on his death
Trying to get everything right the first time
Which is why every rhyme is memorized by the time I write the last line
I take my time with every letters curved
I feel like if you're checking with me that's what you deserve
If I give anything less I was dissing you
I'm giving you what I expect from dudes I listen to
This simple truth is people don't even care
It's like they're lost feeling passion through the speaker is rare
The music's in the air but it's hearts not beating
I'm alone trying to resasitate it but I'm feeling like

Maybe there'll come a time when I won't be sad and lonely
Maybe there'll come a time when I won't be sad and lonely

I'm not trying to keep it alive just for me
I'm doing it for you and anybody else whose like me
If you like me than most likely you know the truth
Is if I leave no one like me will hit the booth
And its frightening because apparently
I'm the only one upholding what I thought was important while I was growing up
I guess I was confused
For believing there were other emcees such as myself I could believe in
I feel like leaving it all alone but if I do don't try to convince me otherwise I've got my reasons
It use to be that not anybody can spit I mean they still can't but we'll get to that in a bit
The simple shit started to sell cause people could rap along
Giving them the impression that this ain't difficult at all
That's what they want to hear so that's what the label signs
Now everything is so simple everyone thinks they can rhyme
And it seems like with some gun talk and a couple punch lines
They're guaranteed a spot on the dotted line
What I'm trying to express with the rhyme
Are my principles views and values and why it's so critical
That we take pride in our writing
With my poetry I make sure if I'm a track with 20 cats you notice me
Standards are different this I do know
Know this though words ain't shit without flow
Flow can't fluctuate without wordplay
And don't try to play with words without breathe control
No way
It won't work you have to refine every aspect
So you're not lacking practice creates the total package
Lil homie you're confused
If you think I won't protect this with my life or expose your shame with the ink
In the brink of an eye I could be gone or broken
I feel alone in my cause but I just can't help thinking that

Maybe there'll come a time when I won't be sad and lonely
Maybe there'll come a time when I won't be sad and lonely

Man I even hate thinking about this shit
I hate talking about it
They got shit twisted
Hip-Hop is done for real
It's up to real motherfuckers to hold it down
To keep it a true culture man
If you think hip-hop is garbage and its so fucked up the way it is right now
You know these young kids are eating it up, right?
How do you think they are going to translate it when they start doing hip-hop later on
Like the kids that are 10 years old now and they're hearing all this bullshit that's being played
To them this is real hip-hop cause this is what they are being taught
So when they start to translate it and make hip-hop on their own its going to be worse than that













Comments

  1. Amazing track mate. Not sure who that is speaking in the end either, possibly DJ black panther? either way i truely believe all of the world needs to hear those inspirational words about hip hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats...Thirstin Howl The 3rd...at the end

    ReplyDelete
  3. dope track, too many errors in the lyrics on the page tho listen again and revise plz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man I love this song. It is 100% real and true.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Woke Up Making Money - SoulChef ft Declaime

Hilltop Hoods - I love it ft. Sia

Kendrick Lamar - Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst