Yet another great song by the Hilltop Hoods of Australia. These guys demonstrate the art of hard work and sacrifice in order to achieve their goals. This is a tribute to their passion and undying love to the culture of hip-hop. If you're like me, a hip-hop junkie, and you haven't gotten on board with the scene down under you're seriously putting a dent in your rotation list. Listen to this track because "I love it!" Lyrics: Hilltop Hoods - I love it ft. Sia Verse 1: SUFFA I’m wondering where the day went, The clouds have me shrouded in grey but, I’m still out pounding the pavement, word, Drowning the hurt by pounding rounds in brown paper, Founded a label now I’m drowning paperwork, But now the crew I’m down with found an escape from work, And I love it ‘cause that what your hard work gets you, My heart bursts through my chest I’m rescued, So forget what the rest do, I’m blessed to do it with two of who are the best to do it, Do I love it? PRESSURE Look at our goa...
There's good, there's great, and then there's Blu. Don't let the lackadaisical spelling of his handle give you the impression that he's ignorant. It's actually quite the contrary, Blu has an singular style of syncing sentences in succession. Each line laces perfectly into the next creating a germane and continuous story. This track emphasizes his ability to do so. At first take it may appear a bit raw but as you dig in you'll note that tartare is truly a delicacy. He plays with words creating double entendres to decimate his distaste for the music industry, society, and even his own actions. When I first heard this a lot of the meaning went over my head but I sat down with headphones on and really started to dig in. I could break down every line and explain the meaning I got from it, but I think this bar really sums up how powerful Blu can be; Couldn’t believe I was really bout to father a child When all of this foul World girls are brought up in now All th...
Action Bronson is just down right nasty. Spewing nothing worthy of a child's ears his filthy style has that certain shock factor to it. The other day I was told that my writings could be seen as a bit preachy, and I can dig that. I do however recognize talent for what it is and these gutter infused syllables are an ode to the predecessors (Wu-Tang). Bronsolini has some serious skills, so if you're like me and need to acquiesce to his raw raps you'll find yourself pleasantly rewarded. Before you dig in for a healthy helping I'd like to break down a couple of his more obscure lines. "Running through the maze like I'm Willie" - A nod to Willie Mays and incredible play on words. "You know the fuzzy light green, call it Dunlop. Flows nuns twat." - His flow is really that tight, just like a nuns twat. Lyrics: Action Bronson - Not Enough Words produced by Statik Selektah [Verse 1] Book a ticket to the tropics cause I’m ...
Macklemore is an inspiration.
ReplyDelete